Office Assistant – Batchelder School
POSITION: Office Assistant – Batchelder School
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: Perform clerical responsibilities of a confidential and responsible nature requiring knowledge of systems and procedures in a school environment
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED supplemented by business courses.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices where necessary.
• Ability to make basic arithmetical computations and speed and accuracy.
• Proficient in the use of modern office procedures, practices and equipment, including Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook or whatever is applicable to the specific school.
• Knowledge of and ability to use Standard English grammar with correct spelling, punctuation and letter form.
• Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in dealing with the public, students, and staff.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff
• Ability to work and make decisions in accordance with rules, regulations and departmental policy and procedures.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Candidate must successfully complete testing requirements.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary in accordance with Hartford Federation of School Secretaries, 2014-2015 Salary Grid (095-11): ($32,552-$43,689) Eleven month work year.
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Federation of School Secretaries (HFSS)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internal and external applicants must submit an online application.
To apply please visit http://applitrack.com/hartford/onlineapp/ or www.hartfordschools.org and follow the appropriate link.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D