Bilingual Interpreter - Burmese, Karen, Karenni, Spanish, and Somali
Bilingual Interpreter (Burmese, Karen, Karenni, Spanish, and Somali), District 6
Date Posted: December 11, 2020
Salary: $23.07 per hour/part-time as needed/not eligible for benefits
Paid Leave: Depending on your position, the District offers a variety of leave options, including sick leave, discretionary leave, vacation and paid holidays. More information about leave options available to Classified employees can be found in the Board of Education Policy Manual.
Contract Length/ Days: (2020-2021/ 260 Days)
Reports to: Brian Lemos
Deadline for application: Until filled (Continuous posting)
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Or any combination of related education, experience and training
Qualifications: Applicant must have excellent proficiency in translating English into Burmese, Karen, Karenni, Spanish, and Somali, both written and oral; Good communication and organizational skills; Ability to perform all functions of the position; Computer – Word and Excel.
- Translates district-wide written instructions and other communications.
- Performs clerical duties including composing letters and memos in English and Spanish, record keeping, data entry, copying, collating, stapling, bookbinding, laminating and filing.
- Attends professional development activities, including seminars, classes, conferences, and workshops.
- Functions as a resource person to administrative personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Mental Ability
- Knowledge of Colorado and district content standards.
- Knowledge and skills sufficient to perform all duties of the position.
- Prefers leadership situations relating to meeting the social, emotional, psychological and academic needs of students.
- Prefers a work environment where flexibility, ability to deal with conflict, a high tolerance for stress, an ability to quickly internalize information and make informed decisions, and long hours are a part of the assignment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important. Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org