This is a part time position. 3.5 hours per day. Must be able to stand for 3.5 hours uninterrupted.
TITLE: UTILITY WORKER
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
REPORTS TO: Food Service Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The utility worker will alternate between line server and line cashier every two weeks. This position will be dual-trained in both positions to streamline the efficiency of the lunch service.
- Stock cashier line daily.
- Conduct transactions on computer daily.
- Clean area daily.
- Balance register and prepare deposit at end of shift, daily.
- Follow safety procedures in the use of all equipment, daily.
- Set up serving line, daily.
- Keep serving station stocked with food for each lunch period.
- Clean serving area between lunch periods and keep it neat, daily.
- Restock and store equipment and supplies, daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Food Service Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Able to work accurately and neatly.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Simple math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Able to stand for 3 hours, uninterrupted.
- Moderate agility required for moving between serving unit and storing unit.
Continuous exposure to noise and heat.
Occasional exposure to cold.
This is a summary of typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all responsibilities, tasks and duties. Responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined here to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the food service department. Other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.