Description: Substitute Teachers work on an "on-call, as-needed" basis. The substitute will conduct the class with as little interruption as possible in the learning activities of the students
Pay Range: $130 per day
• Good communication skills. Must work well with children and be flexible in new situations.
• Bachelor's Degree from accredited University (copy of transcript showing degree has been conferred)
• Current Teaching or Substitute Licensure, registered in Region 6-Cook County [contact West 40 Intermediate Service Center for information]
• Fingerprinting (contact West 40 for details)
• Maintain quality learning environment in the classroom during the absence of the regular teacher
• Follow lesson plans left by the teacher to institute an undisturbed flow of learning
• Communicate with the absent teacher by leaving complete notes about the day(s) you subbed for them
• Maintain good discipline. Notify the main office immediately of any serious problems that occur
• Get to the school early enough to familiarize yourself with the school and lesson plans
• Read and be familiar with the rules and regulations outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook
If you are interested in this position complete the online application.