Qualifications: 1. High School Graduate or equivalent or alternate qualifications as deemed
appropriate by the District.
Reports To: Building Principal
Job Goal: To assist students across streets surrounding the school at times when students are coming to or leaving school.
- Provides for the safety of children at crosswalks adjacent to the school.
- Be on duty approximately one half hour before school starts and one half hour after school has dismissed.
- Assist students safely across the street.
- Report license numbers of cars that fail to slow down in school zones, or fail to stop for children in the crosswalks.
- Be alert to other possible problems in the crossing zone as well as within the school area.
- Notify the school administrator of any problems or issues that may arise on the job.
- Notify the school administrator of any absence.
Terms of Employment: Annually paid on an hourly basis from the salary schedule.
Evaluation: Building Principal