Cafe Cashier (Continual Posting - Posting of this position does not necessarily indicate immediate opening)
Posted a year ago
Summary Receives cash from students or employees in payment for goods or services. Keeps accurate records, enters student data into computer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Run cash register during breakfast and lunch
- Ensure that each child is charged the correct amount for their meal
- Ensure that if extra items are purchased the child is charged for those extra items
- Reconcile cash after breakfast and lunch
- Run end of day report
- Ensure cash matches report
- Prepare deposits
- Send out weekly account balance letters to parents
- Answer parent question about student accounts
- Collect charges
- Ensure that students that have over $5.00 in charges owed are given the alternate meal at no charge
- Keep track of how many times a child receives an alternate meal work with Manager and Principal if student receives the alternate meal more than 5 times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED, previous cashier experience a plus, strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be accuracy and detail orientated, computer skills a must.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands; the employee is frequently required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Terms of Employment
- Salary based on Grade B of the approved Food Services Salary schedule as established by the Governing Board.
- 10 month position, 6 hours per day.
- Full Benefits as assigned for the position.
- Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella Immunity/Vaccination
- Valid I-9 form
The Florence Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in admission or access to or treatment or employment in its policies, procedures or practices, in compliance with Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Florence Unified School District Career and Technical Education Department does not discriminate in enrollment or access to any of the programs available Accounting, Audio/Visual, Bio Science, Business Management, Business Operations, Construction, Culinary Arts, Education Professions, Fire Science, Hospitality Management, Law Enforcement, Massage Therapy, Medical Assistant, Nursing Assistant, and Veterinary Assistant. The lack of English language skills shall not be a barrier to admission or participation in the district’s activities and programs. The Florence Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator(s). Tony Jimenez, Title IX Coordinator, Florence Unified School District-1000 South Main, Florence, Arizona. (520)-866-3500 or Dawn Winsor, 504 Coordinator, 1000 South Main, Florence High School-1000 South Main Street, Florence, Arizona. (520) 866-3560.