JobID 3424 : Special Education Teacher (#334195)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
QUALIFICATIONS: Certificate, license, or other legal credential required.
- Degree(s) required in area of major study.
- Kind and amount of prior job experience required.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: BUILDING PRINCIPAL
To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated;
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students;
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students;
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior;
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior;
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and--in harmony with the goals--establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students;
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved;
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives;
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required;
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation;
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner;
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms;
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluates their job performance;
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence;
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten, eleven, or twelve month year. Salary and work year to be
established by the Board
Freeport School District 145
501 E South St, Freeport, IL 61032-9676
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246