TITLE: SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
QUALIFICATIONS: Illinois Type 73 Certification with Speech-Language Pathologist
Master’s Degree earned through completion of program that has
been accredited by ASHA for speech-language pathology
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find
appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Pupil Personnel Services
To provide speech/language therapy to communication disorder students from regular and special education.
- Consult with classroom teachers and parents as to the comprehensive speech/language needs of the students being served;
- Conduct speech/language assessments, identify needs, prepare treatment plans and Individualized programs (IEPs);
- Serves as a resource to school staff members in the development of a balance program for oral communication and speech improvement;
- Able to complete audiological screenings, as necessary;
- Maintains strict confidentiality with regards to student information;
- Demonstrates ability to organize case loads, and due process and compliance paperwork;
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrates competent computer skills and/or willingness to learn.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine month position with salary and hours to be established by
the Board of Education under the teacher’s salary schedule
EVALUATION: Performance evaluations to be completed in accordance with Freeport Education Association (FEA) contract.
This job description has been reviewed in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.