JobID 7251 : Substitute Food Service (daily, on call substitute) (#334182)
Description: On-call, daily substitute may prepare and serve nutritious school lunches in cooperation with other Cooks and is responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen area.
1. Serves student lunches according to standards established for proportion and nutrition and/or acts as cashier so that students are served in a timely manner.
2. Cleans counters, dishes, stoves equipment, and other kitchen and lunchroom equipment and areas so that lunchroom and kitchen are ready for the next day.
3. Washes trays, dishes, cooking pans, and utensils so that equipment is ready for the next day.
4. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of proper method of cooking food, serving food, care and use of kitchen appliances, and proper sanitation.
3. Ability to work with others.
4. Ability to maintain good public relations with students, staff and parents.
5. General math/cashier skills in order to cashier or measure food.
6. Regularly able to lift heavy objects in excess of forty (40) pounds.
7. No allergies to kitchen/cleaning chemicals.
8. Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays.
9. Training and/or use of computer equipment is required.