(2) Special Education Teacher
REPORTS TO: Program Administration
Appropriate Illinois certification for area of service
Can perform the essential functions of the program
Instruction Preparation and Organization
- Identifies, selects and implements instructional goals based on evidence of student proficiency and aligned with established learning standards.
- Modifies instruction to meet student needs.
- Develops clearly structured unit plans aligned to established learning standards from which daily lessons are created.
- Creates and executes instructional activities that demonstrate solid knowledge of content and prerequisite relational skills.
- Uses developmentally appropriate teaching strategies that are differentiated and varied.
- Uses a variety of questioning techniques that promote student use of higher level thinking skills and evoke student participation and intellectual engagement.
- Organizes time environment, materials and equipment to facilitate learning for every student.
- Exhibits flexibility and collaboration with the transdiciplinary team in program and student planning.
- Provides direction for assistant(s).
- Displays appropriate written and verbal skills.
- Displays standards of honesty, integrity and confidentiality in interactions with colleagues, students, administration and the public.
- Communicates pertinent information verbally and/or via written report in a timely fashion.
- Keeps team members and administration appropriately informed.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, district and agency personnel.
- Provides for health and safety of all students at all times.
- Follows program disciplinary policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate behavior management techniques and responds to student behavior maintaining respect for students’ dignity.
- Participates in physical restraint as required in accordance with training procedures
- Responds to student needs and feelings in a firm, fair, friendly, sensitive and consistent manner.
- Participates in professional growth opportunities.
- Demonstrates appropriate teaming strategies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of subject area
- Participates in evaluation of assistant(s)
- Follows ECHO policies and procedures.
- Displays flexibility.
- Is accurate and punctual with reports, records and communication.
- Reports to all work assignments in a punctual and consistent manner.
- Dresses in professionally appropriate manner.
- Conducts oneself in an ethical, appropriate manner and displays good judgment.
- Performs all duties as assigned.