JobID 9989 : Substitute Special Education Paraprofessional / Substitute Clerical (#333323)
Daily on call Substitute for Special Education Paraprofessional / Instructional Clerk / Media Clerk
Should to be available at least three days per week.
High School diploma
- Experience or interest in working in a school environment
- Experience or interest in working with children with disabilities
- Requires a pre-employment physical
- Certified Personal Care Attendant
Duties may include:
- Assisting staff with individual student needs
- Assist with lunchroom and recess duties
- Ability to lift, assist with toileting and implement intervention strategies as needed
Substitute orientation meetings will be held at our District Office, 3455 153rd Street W, Rosemount, MN 55068.
You will need to bring the following to the orientation meeting:
- 2 valid forms of ID - driver's license, social security card, original or certified birth certificate, passport or other acceptable documents per the Federal I-9 Form (will not accept expired documents)
- $27.00 fee for the background check (cash or check).
- Copy of your completed and submitted online application.
- Direct deposit information - either a voided check or savings routing and account information.
- Personal Care Attendant Certificate of Training
Compensation: $12.75- $14.00 per hour, based on position
District 196 is a public school district of choice located in the southern suburbs of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The district is nationally recognized for providing boundless opportunities in which students can learn and grow. Whether they have an affinity for academics, the arts and/or athletics, our goal is to expose students to the infinite possibilities within the district and throughout the communities we serve. District 196 is the fourth largest school district in Minnesota, serving more than 28,000 students and 150,000 total residents. The district’s 110 square miles encompass all or part of the cities of Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan, Burnsville, Coates, Inver Grove Heights and Lakeville, and Empire and Vermillion townships.
District 196 has 19 elementary schools (grades K-5); six middle schools (grades 6-8); four high schools (grades 9-12); an optional School of Environmental Studies at the Minnesota Zoo for juniors and seniors; an Area Learning Center alternative high school for those more successful in a non-traditional setting; a K-12 school for students with special needs, and a special education school serving young adults ages 18-21. The district also operates two learning centers that provide early childhood and Adult Basic Education, and offers robust community education programs and classes for life-long learners of all ages. The district’s curriculum focuses on basic skills in all major subjects with individual needs met through programming for gifted and high-potential students, college-credit options, tutoring and work programs, comprehensive special education programs and numerous electives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
District 196 does not discriminate in employment or in any of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, age or genetic information. District 196 provides equal access to designated youth groups. The Director of Human Resources (651-423-7859) has been designated to respond to employment-related inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. The Director of Elementary Education (651-423-7782) and the Director of Secondary Education (651-423-7712) have been designated to respond to student-related inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies. The Director of Special Education (651-423-7629) has been designated to respond to inquiries concerning the rights of a student with a disability. The mailing address for all directors is 3455 153rd Street W, Rosemount, MN 55068.