JobID 536 : Three (3) Elementary Computer Education Teachers (#333301)
Job Goal: To teach basic computer skills to students in grades 1 through 6
Qualifications: Elementary Illinois State License with Computer Application or Computer Science Endorsement required
- Plans, implements, monitors and assess an instructional program, which is consistent with District and Board goals and philosophies, local site goals and specific objectives based on assessment of student needs.
- Uses software applications appropriate for students in grades 1 through 6.
- Uses the internet as a source of information and as a means for staff and students to acquire information/knowledge.
- Uses PC computers as instructional tools.
- Teaches internet safety curriculum.
- Emphasizes appropriate safety instruction and recommends safety checks of equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of pupils.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education workshops provided by the district and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Communicates with homeroom teacher and site administrator on individual pupil's progress.
- Identifies pupil needs and collaborates with other professional staff members in assisting students.
- Co-teaching the basic computer skills in the classroom with the classroom teacher.
Working Conditions: School Environment
Application Procedure: Apply Online @ http://www.district148.net/
Complete an online application to make your information instantly available to all school building administrators who are responsible for hiring. It is not necessary or helpful to send information to each school building individually or the District Office. If your qualifications meet district needs, you will be contacted for further information and a possible interview. Thank you for your interest in Dolton/Riverdale School District 148. We are an equal opportunity employer who fully and actively supports equal access for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disability. Applicants who require reasonable accommodations to complete the application should contact the District 148 Superintendent of Schools.