JobID 582 : Athletic Director (#333292)
General Description: the Athletic Director provides leadership in planning, implementation, coordination, supervision and evaluation of interscholastic athletic programs for the middle school. The Director promotes extracurricular athletic activity that fosters skills development, understanding of sports, and appreciation for a variety of athletic activities and programs, teaming, and sportsmanship for students and adults.
Qualifications: This is not an administrative position. Only licensed teachers with experience as an athletic director or coach will be considered. Must have First Aid, CPR and AED certification and concussion training.
The duties related to this stipend include but are not limited to:
- Prepare a master sports calendar for games as well as SWIC conference and non-conference games.
- Coordinate gym use for practices and games including Road to Central Intramurals.
- Work with coaching staff to schedule all athletic away games and arrange for bus transportation and supervision.
- Secure timekeepers, scorekeepers and crowd control for athletic events as needed.
- Act as a resource person and coordinator for all coaches.
- Schedule and attend coaching meetings.
- Schedule and attend family meetings before each season to share information about sportsmanship and player/parent expectations.
- Assist in supervision of at-home athletic events as assigned by the Principal.
- Assist in budgeting expenses and purchases for all sports teams.
- Assist in the ordering, creation and distribution of Spirit Wear.
- Evaluate all athletic programs on an annual basis. Make recommendations for improvements to the building Principal and Superintendent.
- Assist in the selection of coaches for the athletic program.
- Mediate the resolution of problems, issues and concerns that may arise between coaches and advise Principal on coach quality.
- Attend SWIC Athletic Director meetings.
- Manage professional development for all SWIC sports teams
- Monitor eligibility for all SWIC athletes
- Ensure adherence to SWIC and District policies, rules, and procedures relating to participation in athletics.
- Supervise the maintenance and care of athletic equipment. Keep accurate inventories.
- Other related duties as assigned.