JobID 5669 : Minnesota Reading/Math Corps (Informational Only) (#333123)
You must apply directly with the Minnesota Reading Corps to be considered for these positions: www.MinnesotaReadingCorps.org
The following elementary positions will be available in the Eden Prairie School District for the 2016-2017 school year:
Position Available: Minnesota Reading/Math Corps Tutor
Cedar Ridge: 1 full-time Kindergarten-Focused Literacy Tutor, 1 full-time Elementary Literacy Tutor, and 1 part-time Elementary Literacy Tutor.
Forest Hills: 1 full-time Kindergarten-Focused Literacy Tutor, 2 part-time Elementary Literacy Tutors and 2 part-time Math Enrichment Tutors
Prairie View: 1 full-time Kindergarten-Focused Literacy Tutor, 1 full-time Elementary Literacy Tutor and 1 full-time Math Enrichment Tutor
Minnesota Reading Corps, the country’s largest state AmeriCorps program, will train and place over 1,000 literacy tutors in schools across the state. These tutors provide research-based strategies, monitor progress and ultimately, guide struggling students toward becoming successful readers by the end of third grade. They are seeing real results and catching kids up to their peers. All while building valuable professional experience. It’s a chance to explore life in our school and create growth– both in your life and a young child’s life. All tutors serve 11 months as AmeriCorps members, beginning in August.
Elementary Literacy Tutors work one-on-one with K-3 children who need help learning to read. These AmeriCorps members are trained in research-based strategies and use prescribed literacy interventions and conduct weekly progress monitoring to ensure the student is on track to read at grade level by the end of third grade. They commit to daytime hours and are placed in elementary schools, where they build their professional experience and network.
- Strong interest in education, specifically helping children develop early language and literacy skills
- Experience working with children, preferably in an early childhood setting or as a literacy tutor
- Dedication to community service
Computer skills, including the ability to navigate and use online database systems and e-mail
- Speak, read, and write English fluently
- Responsible, organized, flexible, motivated, professional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make a commitment to complete 11 months of service (August 2016 to June 2017)
- High school diploma or GED and must be at least 18-years-old U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien
- Preferred: College coursework, college degree, or equivalent work experience
How do I apply?
To read more about the program, including full position descriptions, and to apply, visit www.MinnesotaReadingCorps.org. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must apply directly with the Minnesota Reading Corps to be considered for this position.
Make sure you indicate you are interested in working with Eden Prairie Schools.