JobID 422 : Substitute Nurse (#332933)
To provide direct nursing services to students and staff in the school community in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of Illinois, board of education policy, and IL state law.
- Provides direct nursing services, first aid, illness and emergency care to students in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
- Provides first aid and emergency care to staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
- Safely administers, document and monitor medication given at school.
- Maintain a daily log of student/staff visits and document on individual health records. Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff.
- Maintain confidentially in accordance with district policy and professional responsibility.
- Notify building administrators of any significant occurrences while working at the school.
- Make appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Communicate with administrator, other nurses, teachers, other school personnel and parents to meet the health and safety needs of students.
Current Illinois nursing license.
CPR and AED certified.
Apply on-line only
Applications are reviewed on a regular basis and candidates will be contacted for interviews.