JobID 1221 : Substitute Paraprofessional /or/ Biligual Substitute Paraprofessional (#332912)
Job | Posted 20 days ago
1105 North Hunt Club Road
Gurnee, Illinois 60031
Woodland School District 50 is an Equal Opportunity Educator/Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and educational environment by hiring individuals who support and contribute to the diversity and excellence of our student and academic programs through their teaching and service to our students, parents and the community we serve.
If you welcome inclusion, equity and diversity, have an unwavering commitment to the success of all students, embrace and celebrate the individuality of our student population with respect to race, ethnicity, and economic status, and seek to celebrate the cultures that contribute to making our district so rich, please join our team! Minority candidates encouraged to apply.
Description: Substitute Paraprofessional /or/ Bilingual Substitute Paraprofessional
Job Summary: The goal is to meet the needs of students. A Substitute Paraprofessional must have the ability to work collaboratively in a team setting. Successful candidate will assist the teacher in providing a well organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students, including those with special needs, can take full advantage of the instructional program
Qualifications:: Educator License with Stipulation(ELS) with Paraprofessional Endorsement, or Professional Educatior License (PEL), experience working with children with special needs, Spanish speaking a plus.
Working Conditions: As needed (on call) hours of school in need vary
1. Reports to the building principal or school secretary upon arrival at the school building.
2. Reviews with the teacher all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
3. Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which the substitute paraprofessional is assigned.
4. Work with individual students and small groups assigned on either lesson or projects.
5. Assist with discipline and support teacher in implementing classroom management.
6. Follow teacher lead and directions.
7. Supervise students during lunch, rest, recess, toileting, transitioning, etc. as assigned.
8. Inform teacher/administrator of any accident or issues of concern with students.
9. Follow schedule provided by teacher.
10. Assist with loading and/or unloading buses.
11. Serve as a Bus Aide for AM and PM bus routes, as needed.
12. Physically able to provide attendant care activities for students (such as diapering, toileting, lifting, and feeding.)
13. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Teacher, Principal, Assistant Principal and/or Early Childhood Supervisor.
Apply online at www.dist50.net
District 50 requires all applicants to use the district's online application at www.dist50.net - When you submit your application for employment you will receive an automatic acknowledging receipt of your application. Due to the volume of applicants we receive, the district is unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application
Woodland Community Consolidated School District 50
1105 N Hunt Club Rd, Gurnee, IL 60031-2418
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246