JobID 227 : Substitute Teacher (#332813)
(Please Note - Substitutes currently on the Derby USD 260 substitute teacher list do not need to re-apply to remain on the substitute list.)
Substitute teacher applications are currently being accepted for the 2018-2019 school year.
Derby Public Schools - Substitute Teacher Expectations
- Substitutes will familiarize themselves with the location of the Crisis Plan/Emergency procedures.
- Substitutes will review the lesson plans left by the teacher in preparation to follow his/her lesson plans and instructions.
- Substitutes will report any incident(s) to the school administrator that involve "bullying", and act as a "mandate reporter" while substituting for Derby Public Schools.
- Substitutes will leave the classroom teacher notes at the end of their assignment detailing the extent to which they completed the lesson plans, things covered that were not part of the lesson plans, and all other information that will help the teacher, as well as take attendance as needed during the day
- Substitutes understand that the time in Aesop is the time they need to be in the school office reporting for their assignment, including "late start Mondays".
- Substitutes understand that classroom telephones are to be used for school purposes only, except in emergency situations and that cell phone should be turned off and should not in any way interfere with classroom instruction.
- Substitutes understand that using inappropriate or vulgar language, "calling" students names and/or referring to them in a derogatory manner of any sort is prohibited.
- Substitutes will not touch any students.
- Substitutes understand that eating during classroom hours in unprofessional and should be reserved for scheduled breaks.
- Substitutes agree to be attentive in class and engage students in learning at all times.
- Substitutes understand that they are not entitled to a planning period unless they are in long-term substituting status. Refusal to cover an additional class during the regular classroom teacher's planning period may constitute dismissal of substituting for the district.
- Substitutes will not leave students unattended.
- Substitutes will leave the classroom in the same order in which they found it. All debris and trash will be put in proper receptacles.
- Substitutes understand if they are called the same day the assignment begins, they will have one hour "grace time", to report to the school for the assignment, following the phone call.