Language Arts Reading Teacher 7th Grade
LANGUAGE ARTS READING – 7TH
1. Teaches 7th grade curriculum utilizing courses of study adopted by the Board of Education and as directed by the building principal.
2. Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualize and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
4. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
5. Evaluates student's academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
6. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student's progress and interpret the school program.
7. Identifies student needs and works with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
8. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive bulletin boards, interest centers and subject related displays.
9. Maintains professional confidence through inservices, educational activities and professional growth activities.
10. Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrators to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in performance with district policy.
11. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
12. Participates in curriculum development programs as required.