JobID 110 : Middle School Teachers (#332570)
Middle School Teachers - Social Studies, SPED Para, Science Integration (3 Positions)
About Chattahoochee Hills Charter School:
Chattahoochee Hills Charter School was established in 2013 and is a top performing public charter school in south Fulton County, Georgia. Our Mission is to inspire all children to the highest levels of academic achievement through a rigorous curriculum that integrates the wonders of the natural world. Our Goal is for our students to cultivate the capacity to achieve a meaningful, healthy, flourishing life that embodies responsibility, stewardship, and experiential engagement with the arts, agriculture, and the environment in informed, imaginative, and rigorous ways. Our curriculum revolves around arts, agriculture, and the environment. The school started as a K-5 school with 350 students, and next year will be K-8 with over 500.
Elementary School Teacher:
Chattahoochee Hills teachers are results-driven educators with experience in, and commitment to, standards-based curriculum and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions. They have demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass local averages and are proven managers of classrooms who have used discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations to achieve measurable academic and social-emotional success.
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students.
- Implement and co-create a coherent curriculum steeped in the environment, agriculture, and the arts.
- Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, rubrics, and other instructional materials and methods.
- Use consistent school-wide practices and individualized methods to engage students in the classroom.
- Create, monitor, and sustain a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards .
- Provide structure in the classroom by developing and reinforcing school-wide rules and expectations .
- Ensure smooth operation of all classroom instructional functions without excuses or exceptions.
- Develop and use a variety of assessment data to refine curricula and instructional practice.
- Evaluate academic achievement through detailed data analysis of student performance.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, and colleagues.
- Develop and maintain positive, strong classroom culture.
Skills & Characteristics:
- Initiative, leadership, and tenacity.
- Responsive to feedback.
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the Chattahoochee Hills Charter School mission and community.
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic.
- Results-driven educator with experience in, and commitment to, standards-based curriculum and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions.
- Outstanding classroom teacher who has demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains.
- Manager of a classroom who has used discipline, structure, appropriate incentives, and high expectations to achieve measurable academic and social-emotional success.
- Desire to be held accountable for student academic growth and academic results.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a diverse team of teachers.
- Technological proficiency with a basic understanding of data analysis.
- Detail-oriented team player willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Ambitious nature interested in growing as an educator and reaching high standards professionally.
- Committed to getting the job done well, no matter what the obstacles or how long it takes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Teaching certification preferred.
- SPED Certification (For SPED Para position only).
We offer a generous compensation package including benefits.
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity. Send to email@example.com with “Application – Middle School Teacher – (Your Name)” in the subject line.
Chattahoochee Hills Charter School is and equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. Chattahoochee Hills Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.