Substitute Food Service Assistant
CHAMBERSBURG AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT
To provide the students of the Chambersburg Area School District with appetizing and nutritious meals which meet the requirements of NSBP and NSLP program as set forth by the Federal government. Individual in this position is directly responsible to the Head Cook in the kitchen.
Overall: Prepare or assist in the preparation, cooking, serving and clean up of a variety of foods in an elementary or secondary school food service program.
1. Prepare or assist in the preparation of a variety of foods in large quantities according to pre-planned menus.
2. Follow standardized recipes, adjust recipes for number of portions needed.
3. Set up food and beverage on the serving lines / steamtables. Assure maintenance of proper food temperatures.
4. Serve food and beverages to students adhering to requirements of menu and portion controls.
5. Store or dispose of food in accordance with departmental procedures.
6. Receive money or meal tickets for food and beverage. Maintain confidentiality of student meal status.
7. Complete or assist with the preparation of operating sheets, production sheets, inventory sheets, temperature sheets and other required paperwork in accordance with departmental requirements.
8. Maintain all utensils, equipment and work surfaces in a clean and sanitary state.
9. Operate all kitchen equipment in a safe manner in accordance with direction.
10. Adhere to standards of sanitation, personal hygiene and kitchen safety.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE OR EQUIVALENCY.
WORKING CONDITIONS INSIDE (75%+)
TEMPERAMENT REQUIREMENTS DEALING WITH PEOPLE AT VARIOUS LEVELS
SENSORY ABILITIES: SPEAKING, HEARING, SEEING, VISUAL ACTIVITY
REQUIRED ABILITY: MATH, SPEAKING, READING, AND WRITING IN ENGLISH
Standing: Hours at a time: 0-7 Hours per day 0-7
Walking: 0-7 0-7
Sitting: 0-1 0-1
Driving: 0-1 0-1
Lifting: 50# Max 1-50lbs. Occasional: 1-50lbs. Frequent: 1-25lbs.
Carrying: 1-50lbs. 1-50lbs. 1-25lbs.
Push/pull: 1-100lbs. 1-50lbs. 1-25lbs.
Repetitive Motion: Hands: Yes Feet: No
Simple grasping: Yes No
Fine manipulation: Yes No
Impact tools: Yes No
Lifts/caries food and supplies weighing up to 50#.
Occasionally climbs stairs in buildings.
May occasionally reach at and above shoulder level when securing food and supplies.
Requires use of hands in repetitive motion when preparing and serving food.
Requires use of hands for writing, use of computers, simple grasping, manipulation, and push/pull functions.
Requires ability to tolerate temperature changes (hot to cold and vice versa).
Requires ability to work with chemical/cleaning agents.
Stands/walks on hard flooring for majority of workday.