JobID 103 : Speech and Language Therapist (#332525)
TITLE: SPEECH LANGUAGE THERAPIST
· Valid and current license for Speech Language Therapy issued by the Arizona State Board of Education
· Valid Speech Language Pathologist license issued by the Department of Health Services
· Master’s degree or equivalent in Speech Language Pathology-CCC-SLP Preferred
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
· Ability to work independently
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services
JOB GOAL: Provide appropriate educational opportunities for students with communication disabilities and serve as part of the Multi-disciplinary team in meeting students’ educational needs.
Responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Evaluation Responsibilities, in collaboration with the IEP team:
a. Determines the evaluation information to be collected and the methods and instruments to be used.
b. Administers assessment tools and data collection procedures related to areas of expertise.
c. Analyzes and interprets information gathered in evaluation.
d. Synthesizes, summarizes and reports information to appropriate individuals.
e. Determines the need for re-evaluation, in collaboration with the IEP team.
2. Program Planning, and Implementation of Interventions:
a. Contributes to the IEP process and assists in writing goals and objectives related to specialized instruction.
b. Develops and coordinates intervention plans.
c. Implements intervention plans directly or in collaboration with others.
d. Monitors student’s progress and modifies plan if necessary.
e. Communicates and collaborates with other educational team members.
f. Recommends discontinuation of services when warranted.
3. Documentation of Services:
a. Maintains records required by the school and for MIPS billing.
b. Updates, at least annually, IEP goals and objectives and the student’s current status.
c. Maintains the SLP student files.
a. As requested, provide supervision for the SLA in accordance with the ’s level of skill and role performance.
b. Provides functional supervision to co-workers in areas of experience and expertise.
c. Assist with the training of staff members in the area of Speech Language Therapy as a related service.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Certified calendar, plus additional days
· Placement on Related Services salary schedule dependent upon education and experience.
· Benefits – All approved benefits for Related Service Employees
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional .