Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Rate of pay Reg. rate : $10.96
1. Assists in setting up service areas, portioning, and/or serving food items.
2. Assists with the cleaning and storing of kitchen equipment. May assist with garbage removal and the cleaning of floors and cafeteria tables.
3. May assist cooks with assembly of complex recipes.
4. May heat convenience foods per manufacturer/district instructions.
5. Utilizes various pieces of food service equipment for preperation, service and clean up.
6. Assists in controling food and supply costs with proper handling, storage techniques, and portion control.
7. Maintains standards of sanitation, safety, production, service, and food quality.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and other team members.
9. Maintains good public relations with students, parents, faculty, and the community.
10. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
11. Successful candidate must possess strong inter-personal skills with a proven record of building rapport with culturally diverse students to ensure each child reaches his/her full potential.
12. Good attendance and punctuality are a must to ensure that the duties and responsibilities of the job are performed successfully
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
- PHYSICAL - The worker is physically able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods and to walk much of the time during the day; is able to work in very warm surroundings; has manual dexterity to handle knives and other pieces of kitchen equipment; and is able to lift materials weighing at least 46 pounds. May be required to climb stairs.