The job of Custodian - Floater is done for the purpose/s of providing custodial services at assigned site; ensuring an attractive, sanitary and safe environment for students, staff and visitors; performing a variety of special cleaning operations; and assisting in preparing facilities for classroom activities and campus events.
- Assists in lunchrooms with recycling and other sustainable (green) efforts for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Cleans assigned facilities and/or grounds (e.g. classrooms, offices, gym, restrooms, multipurpose rooms, pools, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Informs students and other site personnel for the purpose of providing information and direction regarding activities, safety issues and/or proper maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Monitors students and staff in and around work areas (e.g. halls, multipurpose rooms, lunch room, restrooms, grounds, etc.) for the purpose of preventing injuries and ensuring site safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Maintenance Department.
- Replenishes classroom and rest room supplies (e.g. paper towels, soap, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring adequate quantities for daily use.
- Responds to inquiries from staff, students, parents, and/or visitors for the purpose of providing information, taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to immediate safety and/or operational concerns (e.g. facility damage, vandalism, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action or notifying appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Supports other site maintenance staff (e.g. grounds, trades, etc.) for the purpose of completing site custodial activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in industrial maintenance including electrical cleaning equipment, common tools, etc.; and adhering to safety practices; adhering to safety practices and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read and follow instructions; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific Knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: methods of industrial cleaning; safety practices and procedures; health standards and hazards.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with specific, job- related data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific Ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with constant interruptions; available on-call; displaying mechanical aptitude.
The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling some climbing and balancing frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 20% walking, and 70% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Experience: Job related experience is desired.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a basic understanding of the chemicals and processes used in the cleaning schedule
- Ability to read basic operating instructions and write reports
- Ability to work well without direct supervision
- Willingness to work at multiple locations and different shifts based upon the needs of the district
Compensation and Benefits:
There are no benefits with these positions
Applicants should apply online at www.district65.net
Interviews will be scheduled for selected qualified applicants
Every Child, Every Day, Whatever It Takes