Sub Custodian (Candidate Pool)
Job | Posted 20 days ago
TITLE: SUB CUSTODIAN
Job Focus: Perform custodial duties as required.
Line of Supervision: Reports to the Supervisor of Buildings & Grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists with the task of providing custodial services to a school building,including such duties that may consist of: keeping building, sidewalks, bathrooms, driveways, play areas, classrooms and offices clean.
2. Assigned to specific list of duties and areas of a facility as their responsibility.
3. Assists with the movement of furniture or equipment and supplies. Also, the custodian shall assist any organization that has permission to use a building.
4. Brings to the attention of their supervisor, any concerns, problems, or observations that might affect the needs or operations of a facility.
5. Sees that, at the end of the school day, all doors and windows are closed and all lights are turned off within the building.
6. Assists school personnel with reasonable requests during the school day.
7. Assists with those maintenance functions within a building that can be performed at this level.
8. Insures the safety of all students/staff, while on school property.
9. Guards the confidentiality of all information placed in charge of this office. Breach of this trust shall be grounds for dismissal.
10. Performs such other duties as may be requested by the Principal, Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds or Superintendent of Schools.
1. High school diploma/G.E.D equivalent.
2. Be of good health and character.
3. Be able to follow both written and oral directions.
4. Be willing to work with adults and children.
5. Be able to follow a set of work schedules and procedures.
6. Be willing to learn new skills and follow directions.
7. Experience in custodial duties, preferred.
8. Must be 18 years of age.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
CCSD 168 - Sauk Village
22151 Torrence Avenue , Sauk Village, IL 60411
At the following locations
CCSD District Office
21899 Torrence Ave. 21899 Torrence Ave., Sauk Village, IL 60411
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246