JobID 2165 : Bus Driver Aide (#330870)
School Bus Driver Aide
Monday through Friday
Hourly Rate $13.05
180 days yearly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Job is assigned by the Director of Transportation or designee based on needs of individuals bus route. Job assignment may include regular or special education routing. Some assignments may require "CPR" training, which will be provided.
• Bus drivers assistant is primarily responsible for insuring a safe ride by supervising students in the bus.
• Bus drivers assistant will assist bus driver in boarding, seating and/or securement of students and with safety drills and emergency evacuations when required.
• Bus drivers assistant will provide needed assistance when dealing with discipline concerns and medically fragile students.
• Bus drivers assistant will work with appropriate school personnel when necessary to provide a safe ride for all students.
• Bus drivers assistant must abide by all District policies and rules as outlined in transportation employee manual.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Applicant must have an interview with the Director of Transportation.
• Applicant must be 21 years of age.
• Applicant must be in good physical condition and pass an annual physical.
• Driver must have English proficiency to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with students, parents and fellow staff members.
• Applicant must be willing to take required district training classes.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must complete a 60-day probationary period.