JobID 1804 : Part-Time On-Call School Bus Driver (#330868)
Part-Time On-Call School Bus Driver
Monday-Friday with Various Routes, Times, Durations
Requirements: must possess Commercial Drivers License or willing to train for a Commercial Drivers License (Class B with School Bus Permit).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Bus Drivers are required to read, understand, review as necessary, and comply with the procedures outlined in the transportation department manual.
• Drivers must adhere strictly to State of requirements for safe operation of a school bus.
• Drivers must operate their assigned bus safely at all times, under all types of road and weather conditions. Always drive defensively!
• Bus drivers are required to accept additional assignments to complete contractual duties or hourly assignments.
• Drivers are to report all accidents involving a District 15 transportation vehicle promptly to the Director of Transportation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Applicant must have a successful interview with the Director of Transportation and satisfy the provisions outlined in the Illinois Revised Statutes. (Section 6-106.1)
• Applicant must be 21 years of age and have a valid driver's license for three concurrent years (no breaks) prior to application. If experience is outside of , then a transcript of license must be provided to cover that period.
• Applicant must be in good physical condition and pass an annual physical including a drug screen as required by law. This includes vision and hearing tests.
• Driver must have English proficiency to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing with student, parents, and fellow staff members.
• Driver must be willing and able to be on the job at the assigned time.
• Driver must possess a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) class "B" license with an airbrakes and passenger endorsement and a State Bus Permit.
• Per Federal Regulations, all employees with a "CDL" are subject to "Random" drug and alcohol testing.
• Driver must have attended an eight-hour state safety training course and must attend a two-hour yearly refresher course.
Driver must be willing to take district required training classes