Transportation - Sub Bus Aide (Misc. hrs.) (#330678)
Multiple positions have been declared open at Transportation for a Substitute Bus Aide. These positions are for miscellaneous hours per day, 9 months per year. Weber District employees may contact Bill Nielsen at 476-7933. Applicants outside the District may apply on Teachers-Teachers.com and then call Bill Nielsen. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
Purpose Statement: The job of Bus Aide was established for the purpose/s of assisting students while they are being transported to and from school; and providing assistance with students' health care.
•assesses potential emergency situations for the purpose of taking appropriate action to protect the well being of passengers.
• Assists special education students (e.g. calming them down, watching for signs of seizures, cleaning students, redressing students, tying shoes, etc.) for the purpose of providing for special needs during transport, safe loading and unloading from buses including both emergency situations and normal transport.
• Climbs And Descends Bus Stairs 3 Times In 30 Seconds for the purpose of assisting students.
• Drags A 125 Pound Object On The Ground 50 Feet Within 30 Seconds for the purpose of assisting a student in a possible emergency.
• Instructs special education students and/or other passengers for the purpose of enforcing rules and regulations and maintaining safety.
• Kneels Down And Properly Secures A Wheel Chair To The School Bus, Then Returns To A Standing Position Within 60 Seconds for the purpose of assisting students.
• Monitors students (e.g. unruly, disruptive, spitting, hitting, abusive language, seizures, etc.) for the purpose of preventing distraction to the driver or injury to themselves or others.
• Picks Up And Carries A 50 Pound Object 35 Feet Within 20 Seconds From Seat Height (16 Inches) for the purpose of assisting students.
Reports observations and incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel.
• Secures students and/or equipment with restraints, tie downs (e.g. wheelchairs, seat belts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safety and welfare of students.
THE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED OR ADJUSTED TO FIT THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB. TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL FUNCTION SATISFACTORILY.