JobID 759 : Facilities and Maintenance Director (#330509)
TITLE: Facilities Maintenance Director
BENEFITS: Full benefits including paid holidays, sick leave and annual leave, health insurance and retirement. Local supplement of 5.5% starts the month after completion of first year. State longevity after 10 years of service.
- College degree – preferably in engineering.
- Prior successful experience in maintenance of buildings and grounds
- Past supervisory experience
- Solid technology skills in operating energy management software programs, work order management systems and timekeeper/payroll system.
- Such alternatives or additional qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Facilities and Maintenance
JOB GOAL: To maintain the buildings and grounds of all district schools in a condition of safety, neatness, and aesthetic attractiveness, so that full educational use may be made at all times. To ensure
workorders and capital projects are completed in order to sustain and repair CHCCS facilities.
- Coordinates, supervises, and participates in buildings and grounds maintenance work of the district’s schools and facilities.
- Supervises a maintenance staff of HVAC technicians, plumbers, electricians, grounds staff, and general building repair mechanics currently totaling 32 positions.
- Leads the employment process for hiring maintenance staff.
- Responsible for on-going training and required certifications for maintenance staff.
- Coordinates/confers with school administrators, architects/engineers, building trades, maintenance staff and other parties in planning facilities maintenance projects at school buildings and facilities.
- Inspects buildings and grounds on a regular basis for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Proficiency in operation of work order management system.
- Reviews all work order requests, established priorities, distribute orders to proper maintenance staff and follows up on completion of assignments.
- After conferring with school administrators, establishes summer maintenance programs at each school site and oversees their completion.
- Maintains work schedule for maintenance staff and ensures proper recording in Timekeeper system.
- Interprets floor plans and construction documents in carrying out the building and grounds maintenance programs. Prepares simple plans and drawings as needed.
- Procures needed supplies and equipment for maintenance operations.
- Completes annual performance evaluation for all maintenance staff.
- Provides input for the annual operating budget.
- Is available after hours and weekends for emergency calls.
- Daily monitoring and adjusting of three energy management systems that control heating and cooling at all district schools and facilities.
- Performs other such appropriate duties as may be assigned by the maintenance director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year. Salary in accordance with the adopted schedule.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.