Substitute Bus Drivers
Byron Public School is looking for Substitute AM/PM route bus drivers. Professional on-site paid training is available at $16.00 per hour, with a $1075.00 sign-on bonus. Questions may be directed to Val Lindahl, Transportation Director,775-2423 or 696-2668. EEOC
All Regular/Special Ed Route Substitute Trips will be paid at $50.76 per trip
Sport Trips or Any Additional District Trips Weekday Rate $17.56 per hour
Weekend Rate $20.66 per hour
TITLE: Substitute Bus Driver
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Current CDL with school bus endorsement (or we will train)
3. Documented safe driving record
REPORTS TO: Transportation Director
JOB GOAL: To provide safe transportation of district students, to and from
school, and activities. She/he is responsible for general care and daily inspection of bus assigned to her/him and shall follow the daily bus inspection form as posted.
She/he shall be knowledgeable of all laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the safe transportation of students and of all district policy.
1. Transport district students in a safe manner.
2. Perform daily pre-trip inspections on her/his bus.
3. Complete daily mileage log for her/his bus.
4. Keep her/his bus clean, inside and out.
5. Complies with all traffic ordinances.
6. Discipline to be handled by driver, but if needed, fill out discipline reports, which will be forwarded to building principals.
7. Report accidents and bus violations to Transportation Director.
8. Subject to random drug and alcohol testing as required by School District #531.
9. Employee is responsible to be knowledgeable about all district policy.
10. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.