JobID 192 : Bus Driver (#329415)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Title: School Bus Driver (Regular Routes and Substitute Positions)
Under the general direction of the Transportation Supervisor, to ensure the safe transportation of students, staff, and others to and from school, extracurricular events, and field trips.
- Safely drives a school bus on days when school is in session over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, loading and unloading students at designated locations.
- Transports students, teachers and others on school field or activity trips.
- Inspects assigned bus on a daily basis prior to transporting of passengers to ensure that bus is in good, clean and safe working order.
- Cleans and refuels bus as needed.
- Reports all mechanical deficiencies, traffic violations, or accidents, promptly.
- Maintains order and discipline in an effective and courteous manner among students being transported in accordance with district policies and procedures; reports any incidents involving student discipline.
- Communicates with parents and staff regarding problems and/or issues related to transportation.
- Follows procedures to ensure that no child is left alone on bus without adult supervision at any time, and that all children have departed bus at the end of all bus routes (morning, evening and during field trips or other special trips).
- Prepares aides and children for bus drills and ensures bus evacuation drills are held as required. In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates children according to practiced procedures, ensures that medical emergency procedures are followed.
- Renews health cards and bus license, takes random drug tests.
- Attends and participates in defensive driving courses, trainings, and other meetings regarding transportation.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Knowledge of all traffic laws, regulations, road signs and related information.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate the bus, conduct pre-trip inspections, and clean the bus.
- Visual and auditory acuity within professionally determined normal ranges, with correction if needed.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and comprehend information from procedures manuals and other materials. Ability to comprehend and follow traffic signs required.
- Ability to maintain composure and perform responsibilities under pressure and in cases of accidents or other emergencies.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL), with School Bus endorsement.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
See the schedule on our website under employment opportunities/master agreements.
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR @ 218-643-5013
See Schedule on the school website under employment opportunities/master agreements
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THE TRANSPORTATION SUPERVISOR AT 218-643-5013
Breckenridge Public School District
810 BEEDE AVE, BRECKENRIDGE, MN 56520-1660
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200