Job Title: Bus Monitor Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Transportation Director Pay Grade: Hourly
Length of Assignment: 10 Months Date Revised: January, 1997
Assist in the safe and efficient transportation of eligible students.
Ability to follow verbal instructions
Ability to operate safety equipment and adaptive equipment
Ability to work well with children with disabilities
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Assist in loading and unloading of students with disabilities according to their individual needs.
2. Maintain discipline and report student discipline problems to the appropriate administrator.
3. Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each students special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
4. Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis about student behavior while on the bus.
5. Maintain safety precautions when students are boarding and departing the bus.
Uses wheelchair lifts, ramps, seatbelts and locks.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress; ability to maintain effective control over groups of students; ability to communicate effectively. Frequent walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; moderate lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside; work around machinery with moving parts and vehicles; moderate exposure to extreme temperatures (hot) and vehicle fumes.