Food Service Worker
Job Title: Food Service Worker Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Cafeteria Manager & Director of Food Service Pay Grade: Hourly
Length of Assignment: 10 Months Date Revised:
Responsible for preparing appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements and maintaining high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
Ability to understand instructions for food preparation and safety procedures
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production
Major Responsibilities and Duties
1. Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested, uniform recipes.
2. Supervise the storage and care of food items and supplies; maintain a clean and organized storage area.
3. Care for and use equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
4. Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies, and procedures.
5. Maintain garbage collection containers and areas in a neat and sanitary fashion.
6. Follow established procedures to ensure standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
7. Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
8. Assist in recording food requisitions and request orders of necessary supplies.
9. Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
10. Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
Uses large and small kitchen equipment to include electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep-fat fryer and sharp cutting tools; ovens; dishwashers; and food and utility carts.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Understands verbal instructions. Continual standing, walking, pushing, and pulling; frequent stooping, bending kneeling, and climbing (ladder), moderate lifting and carrying. Moderate exposure to extreme hot and/or cold temperatures.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Approved by Date
Reviewed by Date