JobID 226 : Paraprofessional (#329188)
Job Title: Paraprofessional Level 1
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Principal & Teacher(s) Assigned
Pay Grade: PAR1
Length of Assignment: 174 days
Date Revised: September, 2015
High School Diploma or GED
Minimal of 48 college credits from an accredited school OR completion of the TOP course (only offered at Region IX)
Ability to work well with children
Knowledge of general office equipment
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board policy.
- Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with bus duty.
- Work with individual students or small groups to conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher.
- Assist with the administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Assist in supervising the cafeteria and playground during breakfast and lunch. Assist in supervising students throughout the school day, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly campus and classroom.
- Assist in the inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist the teacher in keeping administrative records and preparing required reports.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events, as needed.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Supervise classroom as needed.
Copier, typewriter, computer, radio and audiovisual equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbal); maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate standing, stooping, bending and lifting.