JobID 2751 : 2017-2018 LIMITED SHORT CALL SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS (#329060)
"LIMITED SHORT CALL" SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
(If you are currently a Teacher Sub in our district, you do not need to re-apply.)
Substitute Teacher Pay Rates for 2017 - 2018:
$115/day (day 1-20)
$130/day (day 21-50)
$140/day (day 51-80)
$150/day (day 81+)
Days begin at 0 each school year.
The district is currently accepting Limited Short Call Substitute teacher applications. If you hold a 4-year degree, but not in the field of education, you may apply to become a Limited Short Call Substitute Teacher through MDE. * Please note processing time for the entire application process can take 3-6 weeks to complete. We realize it does cost to obtain your Limited Short Call License from MDE (approximately $90-$100). Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee how many days you may or may not work once you obtain your license.*
1) Please take 20-30 minutes to complete the application on our website. Select the APPLY button found on this page to begin.
2) Next, go to the Minnesota Department of Education's website to begin your application for a Limited Short-Call Substitute.http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/lic/apply/. Select Online Licensing System. Log into this system to apply for a new license and "Create Account" to get started. Processing time can take 3-6 weeks to complete. MDE cannot complete your application until they receive all pieces of your application, including payment and signature page. Questions about the Limited Short Call Substitute Teacher application should be directed to MDE at 651-582-8691.
3) Bring your MDE school "signature" page to the district Human Resource office for signature. The HR office is open Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 p.m (you may want to call before stopping in). NOTE: You may make multiple copies of this page and have more than one district sign at a time, but only those districts that you obtain signatures from can allow you to substitute teach in their schools. A signature from the district does not guarantee that you will be offered substitute days. Once you have obtained your signatures, submit this form to MDE ASAP. They will wait until they get this form to complete your application.
4) Once your MDE license application has been processed and you are selected to join our substitute pool, Human Resources will contact you via email to complete a background check and attend an small group orientation (generally held monthly).
- Background check authorization (results in 24-48 hours after submission)
- Setting up orientation to go over payroll paperwork and policies.
- Bloodborne Pathogen training if required.
Questions about substituting in our district can be directed to the Human Resource office at 763-682-8713 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in our schools.