JobID 5207 : Homebound (#328575)
POSITION PURPOSE: Beaufort County School District seeks certified persons to serve as Homebound Teachers. This position will work with the Chief Student Services Officer to provide educational services to students placed on Medical Homebound. This employee is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program to meet the needs of students who are unable to attend school for medical reasons.
- Work with members of Student Services to identify the educational needs and the physical and learning capabilities of those students assigned.
- Meet with each assigned student on a regularly scheduled basis for the purpose of providing instruction.
- Devises, with the advice of the student's regular teacher or teachers, an instructional program for each assigned student receiving homebound instruction.
- Provide a learning environment that meets the needs of students with diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, learning styles and special needs.
- Deliver instructional strategies that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Complete and provide written reports that may be required by the student's Principal or Chief Student Services Officer.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Chief Student Services Officer, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must have a valid teaching certificate.
- Ability to provide learning experiences in a variety of settings.
- Broad knowledge of curriculum/instruction.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of use of current technology.
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using varied teaching methods to address student learning styles.
- Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn.
- Skill in oral and written communication with students, parents and other as required.
- Must have completed a program of study in education from an accredited college or university.
- Prior teaching experience required.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
- Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
- Speak and hear.
- Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
- Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
- Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
REPORTS TO: Chief Student Services Officer
DAYS PER YEAR: To Be Determined
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: $26.01 per hour, Must hold a valid teaching certificate.
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Part-Time Temporary
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Must apply online and add this specific job to your online application.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EMPLOYEE'S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT:
1. I have reviewed the above position description and understand its contents.
2. I am aware that my position description may be revised or updated at any time and once notified of changes, I remain responsible for knowledge of its contents.
3. I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodation(s). If I require accommodation(s) in order to fulfill any or all of these functions, I agree to provide information to the District regarding the requested accommodation(s).
Employee's Name (Print): ___________________________________
Employee's Signature: ___________________________________
THE BEAUFORT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER