JobID 693 : Before & After School Program Aides (#328529)
~~Before and Aftercare Program Aide
The Barnegat Township School District is in need of Aides for the Before and Aftercare Program which runs from September through June. Part-time, no benefits, not to exceed 25 hours a week.
• Criminal History Background check
• HS Diploma
• Must be nurturing, organized, efficient, punctual and professional
• Experience in a school age care setting a plus
• 10 month position: September - June
• All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply
• All qualified employees will be offered a 90 day probationary employment period to demonstrate their skills
• Provides care/supervision, oversight, and accountability for the children according to local policies, guidance, and standards.
• Helps prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily schedule.
• Supervises children and youth during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities.
• Assists in providing and leading planned activities.
• Interacts with children using approved child guidance development techniques.
• Maintains control of and accounts for whereabouts and safety of children.
• Helps arrange for/serve appropriate snacks/meals.
• Observes a program participant for signs that may indicate illness, abuse or neglect and reports as directed.
• Notes special instructions provided by parents. Ensures children depart with authorized person according to written parental instruction.
• Assists in maintaining program participation data and completing required daily reports.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.