JobID 20582 : Temporary Hourly System Analyst (#327814)
TEMPORARY/HOURLY POSITION WITHOUT BENEFITS
JOB PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITES:
This position performs complex technical analysis and support associated with student data and related systems of the Austin Independent School District. A Systems Analyst functions as a team member or project team leader to accomplish the objectives of a project; works directly with project teams and customers to analyze and specify business requirements; develops detailed functional specifications; systems specifications, program specifications, and system test plans. Incumbent develops programs according to specifications and performs system tests; woks with customers and team members to provide technical support and problem analysis for all supported software.
- Analyzes existing procedures for efficiency and effectiveness. Designs and implements new or revised methods that more effectively meet the needs of the Austin ISD.
- Participate in use meetings as requested to identify and solve highly complex technical central office and/or campus issues, concerns, and problems with Austin ISD systems.
- Determines operational, technical, and support requirements for the location, installation, operation, and maintenance of data processing, data communications, word processing, and other office equipment and systems.
- Prepares charts, diagrams, and tables that depict the present and proposed systems
- Prepares general system flowcharts for present and proposed systems that portray the movement of work through the organizational elements.
- Prepares procedural flowcharts that describe the technical processes at each point in the system.
- Prepares logic flowcharts, decision tables, narrative descriptions, and similar materials of computer programs required in the proposed system.
- Upon request, consult with and make presentations to management and administrative personnel regarding respective areas of support.
- Details input/output record formats for computer programs; designs forms and writes instructions for their use.
- Assists in formulating logical descriptions of problems and devising optimum solutions.
- Assists in writing descriptive material to supplement system and procedural flowcharts.
- Assists in training District staff prior to the implementation of new or revised technical systems and offers advice and guidance during the implementation process.
- Assist in conversion of data between systems and/or loading of data to system files.
This position requires any combination of training, education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Quantitative Systems or a related field.
Incumbent must have experience in web-based programming, software support, systems analysis and design experience. Experience in the following areas is required: Structured Query Language (PL/SQL – SQL), Linux, Oracle, HTML, and Java. In addition there must be demonstrated experience in SQL and application performance tuning and measurement. Data warehousing experience is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
This position requires incumbent to perform technical and analytical work (planning, analyzing, designing, programming, system testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting) of new or existing computer systems and/or programs. Incumbent must be able to communicate proficiently in writing and orally, and be able to present subject matter in lay terms. Incumbent must have a high degree of technical competence in UNIX, network, SQL databases, and computer security skills. Incumbent must be able to maintain confidential information dealing with campus and district personnel and students. Incumbent must keep abreast of frequent changes in computer technologies, applications, and standards. Incumbent must also have knowledge of special district, state, and federal policies, rules, and regulations as they pertain to the gathering, storage, and use of Austin ISD data. Incumbent must have knowledge of computer network and personal computer equipment, operating procedures, operating and software systems and of the principles, practices and techniques of analysis, skill in operating computer keyboards accurately at moderate speed, and be able to maintain a pleasant attitude and have the ability to work with people effectively. Incumbent must be able to efficiently manage time and resources in completing assigned tasks, and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
SALARY: $27 - $30/hour depending on years of experience