QUALIFICATIONS: Must be highly qualified by either having 48 college credit hours or two years experience working
with children in an instructional setting
DUTY DAYS: 180
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To implement individual and small group academic and behavioral instruction of students with varying learning needs as well as other duties associated with the position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in classroom activity planning.
- Conducts learning exercises with small groups of children and individual students.
- Guides children in working and playing harmoniously with other children.
- Alerts the teacher to special needs of individual children.
- Helps maintain individual records for each child.
- Assists teacher in maintaining neat work and study areas.
- Assists with the supervision of children during regular play periods and lunch supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HOURS / DAY: 6.5