SMS Summer Learning Academy - Behavior Assistant
Job | Posted 23 days ago
Summer Learning Academy - Behavior Assistant
July - August 2022
- Provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy while working with children 1:1 or in small groups
- Collect behavior and skill acquisition data during sessions
- Conduct discrete trails, implement behavior support, and treatment plans
- Records data on student performance on goals
- Work collaboratively with a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to implement basic principles and teaching procedures of ABA therapy
- Maintains treatment equipment and supplies in clean and proper working condition for the purpose of implementing motor/therapy goals
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by school administration including the Director of Special Education, Principal and Assistant Principal
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of positive behavior intervention strategies
- Knowledge required to model effective ABA strategies within a classroom setting
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to adapt materials and strategies based on a student’s age and developmental level
- Ability to collect, organize and graph behavioral data
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle confidential material with discretion
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own transportation
- A high school diploma or equivalent is a minimum requirement. Some post-secondary training (e.g. college) is preferred.
- Candidates should be passionate about working with children with special needs.
- Prior experience working as a paraeducator with individuals that have developmental disabilities.
- Training and/or experience in utilizing instructional techniques such as Applied Behavior Analysis, Discrete Trials, Picture Exchange Communication Systems, Social Stories, and/or Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication-handicapped Children (TEACCH).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly in addition to being physically capable to stand, sit, kneel, crawl, run and use hands frequently.
Please apply online
Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
It is the policy of SAU 16 not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices.
Candidates committed to the understanding and practices of Competency Based Education are highly encouraged to apply.