Shawnee Adventure Academy Lead Teacher 2022
Posted a month ago
SHAWNEE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Shawnee Adventure Academy
SHAWNEE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Shawnee Adventure Academy
Job Title: Shawnee Adventure Summer Academy Certified Teacher
Reports To: SAA Program Site Coordinator
Qualifications: State Certificate to teach in specific position. Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education or Education degree in related (specialized) field.
Purpose Statement: The job of the Shawnee Adventure Summer Academy Certified Teacher was established for the purpose(s) of overseeing students, collaborating with other teachers and site coordinator to create curriculum and activities to support the students of the Shawnee Adventure Academy. Performs skilled/professional- level tasks under limited supervision to provide children/students with the proper teaching techniques/environment for learning. Establishes lesson plans, and accomplishes curriculum objectives to enhance each student's self-esteem and increase personal growth.
Special Skills, Knowledge, Abilities: Ability to communicate and interact effectively with children, parents, and staff. Ability to teach children and maintain a safe, orderly and engaging work environment. Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player. Ability to work with student teachers to create and teach content.
Contact with Others: An incumbent in this position has regular contact by telephone or in-person with the public to determine actual information needed. Job requires interpreting and translating facts and information, explaining situations and issues to persons and advising them of alternative courses of action. May be required to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
Other Performance Measures: Knowledge of subject matter; Cares for and effectively assists students with special concerns; Establishes guidelines/syllabus with effective instructional/teaching objectives; Encourages effective learning with proper teaching techniques; Ensures students are acquiring skills and knowledge to apply principles, theories and other learning; Properly monitors student progress (grading, feedback, etc.) and provides environment to encourage independent thinking challenges for more motivated students; Maintains proper classroom/media center discipline. Contributes to effectiveness/quality of the academy, including extracurricular programs; Keeps accurate records, reports; inclusive of the District Exposure Control Plan for Bloodborne Pathogens; Cooperates with other district personnel to improve the quality of education; When serving on committees, maintains an attitude of constructive/supportive behavioral feedback and input to improve the quality of service; Continues to be involved in personal growth and development. Complies with Shawnee's Mission Statement in which students are to be provided with skills, knowledge and attitudes to become lifelong learners, complex thinkers, and responsible citizens in an ever changing global society.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow all rules, policies and procedures of Shawnee Public Schools.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials that meet the Shawnee Public Schools goals as well as the individual needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences that effectively utilize the available time for instruction along with the student teacher.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupil's growth and provides opportunities for reflection with pupils.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil's progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence through professional development education activities requirements (This may involve some days of training before the academy).
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities.
- Follows safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to self or to students, inclusive of the Districts Exposure Control Plan for Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the SITE COORDINATOR.
Complies with Shawnee's Mission Statement in which students are to be provided with skills, knowledge and attitudes to become lifelong learners, complex thinkers, and responsible citizens in an ever-changing global society.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Conditions: Other than those physical/mental requirements included within the essential functions: Must be able to communicate on the telephone. Must be able to get around the site. Must be able to perform playground, snack, bus, and related duties. Those assigned to special activities (examples: STEM, leadership, music, theatre, culinary, arts & crafts, robotics, Indian ed, etc.) must be able to demonstrate the proper techniques of each activity, as well as create lesson plans to teach along with the student teacher.
Must be willing to create lesson plans for and present video lessons (including Zoom Meetings, YouTube Videos, Google Classroom, etc.) during hybrid and virtual/distance learning opportunities when needed. May be required to gather and distribute family packets as needed.
Terms of Employment: July 5 - 14, 2022. (Monday-Thursday only)
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance the site coordinator for the academy, as well as Shawnee Public Schools.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revised: April 26, 2022