Early Childhood Teacher- Preschool 3's
Position: Early Childhood Teacher- Preschool 3's
Work Schedule: M-F (mornings only), 186 duty days
Start Date: August 29, 2022
Pay: Steps and lanes are in accordance with the teacher labor agreement
Benefits: Medical, dental, life insurance and other benefits as outlined in teacher labor agreement
- Current MN teaching license in Early Childhood Education, Birth to 3rd Grade or Pre-primary endorsement.
- Skilled in effective communication.
- Skilled at active listening and asking questions as appropriate.
- Skilled in social perceptiveness by being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react the way they do.
- Ability to work with children with disabilities in an inclusive classroom.
- Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum design principles, learning theory, group and individual teaching techniques, design of individual plans, and test design principles.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of human behavior and age appropriate teaching methods to address the needs of all children served in the classroom.
- Experience working in a multicultural setting and with diverse groups of children and families.
- Skilled in culturally responsive teaching.
- Any level of fluency in other languages.
- Communicate and collaborate with professional staff in an effort to determine and coordinate standardized curriculum and assessment designs.
- Create, formulate, develop, and implement instructional objectives and developmental appropriate activities.
- Conduct classroom instruction/individual tutoring/counseling based on teacher created lesson plans, instructional units and/or individual needs:
- create a supportive learning environment by using developmental appropriate verbal and non-verbal reinforcing techniques.
- prioritize tasks to enable the efficient use of time
- determine potentially harmful situations and take steps to avoid exposure of the student to this
- provide time for students to relearn
- On-going authentic observation and assessment of student abilities with the Teaching Strategies Gold assessment tool.
- Respond to student needs:
- may address personal/health concerns as presented or refer students to other professionals as appropriate
- Build credibility with staff, students, parents,, and community by:
- relating to people from all social, economic, racial, religious, or educational backgrounds
- demonstrating professional competency through content taught and teaching methods used.
- Assess, plan, and initiate public relations activities which improve communications and perceptions by the community.
- Assess, plan, and participate in in-service training and/or develops/implements in-service for other staff.