504/ MTSS Coordinator
Colorado Early Colleges Mission Statement: All students, regardless of background or skill level, will have the opportunity to pursue a growth mindset that will allow them to achieve mastery and to demonstrate they can succeed in school, in college, and in their chosen career. No exceptions. No excuses.
504/ MTSS Coordinator
Full Time: Yes
Supervisor’s Title: Academic Dean
Job Location: Inverness
Calendar Days: 180
- Aflac Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
Colorado Early Colleges is dedicated to providing opportunities for success. You are a vital step in that process. Your main responsibilities are to develop and implement school-based programs which leverage the resources of the broader community to serve the social, emotional, physical, and educational needs of our students and families, and to organize and implement a comprehensive Multi-Tiered Support System to ensure students’ academic and behavioral needs are identified and supported.
JOB DUTIES: (Note: The list is not considered inclusive of all duties; it focuses on the primary and most frequently recurring duties.)
- Frequent communication with students and families
- Coordinate efforts to provide high-quality instruction and interventions that are matched to student needs, including facilitating team meetings for MTSS referrals
- Coordinate a multi-tiered model of support delivery that identifies student needs, establishes appropriate research-based interventions, and enables the efficient use of school and community resources
- Coordinate efforts between school, families, and support services to meet the needs of identified students
- Monitor academic progress frequently to make decisions about changes in instruction or goals and applying student response data to guide important educational decisions
- Facilitate building level MTSS meetings that include continual application of a structured problem-solving process and involves staff, families and support services
- Ensures the implementation of evidence-based behavioral practices as determined by MTSS team
- Develop, identify and establish Tier I pre-referral student-specific activities.
- Ensure the development, identification, and establishment of interventions at Tier II and III
- Establish written policies, practices and implementation plans
- Establish and maintain a system of communication between families, students, and staff to share areas of success, address implementation barriers, and ensure ongoing fidelity of MTSS implementation
- Evaluate and implement student MTSS plans
- Transfer, review, and implement READ plans, including conducting meetings and state reporting
- Adhere to CDE MTSS and READ plan regulations
- Provide individual and small group interventions in executive functioning, reading, writing, and mathematics
- Implement data-driven process for continual improvement at tiers 1, 2, and 3
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Special Education preferred.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Able to learn and efficiently use various data programs such as Infinite Campus, Alpine, NWEA MAPS, Moby Max, and ALEKS.
- Knowledge of CDE regulations regarding MTSS and READ plans.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong communication and planning skills.
- Extensive knowledge of basic software applications such as Word, Excel, Access.
- Able to analyze and communicate data accurately.
- Able to relate to and communicate with adolescents and parents or guardians.
- Experience as a MTSS Coordinator
- Experience with implementing and organizing RTI and PBIS models
- Be familiar with and understand the Student Handbook
- Understand and use Infinite Campus and Alpine
- Able to relate to and communicate with adolescents and their parents or guardians
- Effective communicator in both oral and written form
- Able to prioritize workload
- All offers of employment are conditional upon a successful background and references check.
- Please be advised that CEC may choose to contact work references other than those listed on your application.
- Position is exempt from overtime and will require work outside of normal office hours.
- Selected applicant is an employee at will.
- Selected applicant must comply with the Colorado State Board of Education’s Drug-Free Workplace policy.
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
Colorado Early Colleges is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.