SCI - CACE Clerk (Evening)
Service Clerk I, 5:30-9:30 pm, M-Th
Calendar and Compensation
Under the general supervision, performs a variety of responsible, general clerical and record keeping duties.
- Receives incoming calls and makes proper connections.
- Prepares daily bulletin and to distribute on the web and via e-mail.
- Prepares, receives and distributes mail and e-mail.
- Oversees greeting visitors and staff as they enter the office.
- Performs receptionist and light typing duties.
- Enters data, work orders, performs backup operations, and produces computer reports.
- Maintains inventories and records.
- Operates duplicating machines, other office machines, and oversees copiers.
- Compiles information and maintains records, files and inventories.
- Reviews telephone bills, identifying origin and method of payment.
- Updates school calendar and process student work permits.
- Assists principal’s secretary as needed.
- Performs other duties/skills related to the job description as assigned by administrator.
Who we are
Campbell Union High School District, located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, is a small, close knit district committed to ensuring every student is ready for the future. We strive to be data-informed and focused on results, while promoting humanity, kindness, and personal responsibility. We are proud to provide a supportive environment of collaboration among our staff.
We know that high quality teachers, administrators and staff are key to our students' success and are working to retain and recruit passionate and effective talent.
We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial equity and social justice, and we make a particular effort to recruit people who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color to apply for open positions.
Qualifications Knowledge and Ability
- Knowledge of general clerical and office procedures, excel and other software as needed.
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy at net 45 wpm.
- Education equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade with specialization in clerical and business subjects.
- Minimum of one year of high school clerical experience, including knowledge of word processing.
- Knowledge of AIM/Schoolhouse experience desirable.
Environment Office environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 87.5% of time.
- Constantly operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office machines.
- Ability to communicate and accurately exchange/provide information.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to file materials.
- Manual dexterity to appropriately control and manipulate objects, materials, and equipment used on the job, including telephone and computer.
- Have mobility sufficient to move about, stand, and/or sit for extended periods, and access all locations in the work environment.
- Lift, carry, push or pull items with a strength factor of up to 40 pounds.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and, qualifications required for this position.
It is the policy of Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD) to provide equal opportunity for all individuals in education and employment. District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal Code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (Board Policy 5145.3 and 4030 through 4032).