Physical Education Teacher (Elementary School)
Posted 12 days ago
Southern Kern Unified School DistrictPosition Title: Teacher, Elementary
Reports To: Principal
SUMMARY: The teacher provides an educational program for pupils in grades K-6 or a combination thereof, within the scope of the District’s adopted philosophy and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- The teacher shall be under the direct supervision of his/her building principal.
- Develops an annual job performance plan in conjunction with this immediate supervisor, which is evaluated in accordance with the District’s procedures for supervision and evaluation.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials in order to adapt the curriculum to the individual needs of pupils.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, citizenship, and learning problems.
- Maintains standards of pupil behavior that will provide an orderly and productive classroom and school environment.
- Communicates periodically with parents regarding teacher evaluation of student’s academic and behavioral growth.
- Maintains a professional competence through participation in school level, district, and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Maintains and completes records and forms required by the District.
- Participates in curriculum development activities within the school or District.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with Project and District testing programs.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities for which the teacher is legally responsible.
- Works cooperatively with all school personnel to meet student needs.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paraeducators.
- Organizes storage areas and controls use of materials and resources to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection.
- Exercises reasonable supervision of students at the school site under the direction of the site administrator or designated representative.
- Adheres to and enforces the policies and regulations of the Board of Trustees of the Southern Kern Unified School District and the laws and regulations of the State of California.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Valid California Teaching Credential with English Language Learner Authorization required – Multiple Subject or equivalent, NCLB compliant, DOJ Fingerprint clearance
- Current Certificate of Freedom from Active Tuberculosis.