(.60 FTE) Music Teacher
Job | Posted 10 days ago
The mission of North Shore School District 112, a community partnership committed to a world-class education, is to nurture every child to become an inspired learner, a well-rounded individual and contributing member of a global community by striving for excellence within an environment that fosters innovation, respect, engagement and intellectual inquiry.A. Planning and Preparation
1. Knowledge of Content and Pedagogy-Plans and practice consistently
reflect knowledge of the content and of the instructional strategies
specific to that discipline.
2. Knowledge of Students: backgrounds, cultures, skills, language
proficiency, interests, and special needs-Actively seeks knowledge
of students and demonstrates consideration for students' individual needs.
3. Instructional Objectives-Instructional objectives reflect high-level learning
and curriculum standards. The objectives are suitable for all students
in the class and address the needs of different types of learners.
4. Knowledge of Resources, including Technology-implements available
resources and seeks additional resources, including appropriate use of
technology, to enhance teacher skill and student performance.
5. Assessment for Instruction-Uses assessment results to plan for instruction
or the individual needs of students.
B. The Classroom Environment
1. Management of Instructional Groups-Students in groups are productively
engaged and focused on learning objective with minimal teacher support.
2. Management of Transitions-Transitions occur smoothly, with little loss
of instructional time.
3. Management of Materials and Supplies-Routines for handling materials
and supplies occur smoothly, with little loss of instructional time.
4. Safety, Accessibility and Physical Space-the classroom is safe, and the teacher
makes effective use of physical resources.
5. Teacher Interaction with Students-Teacher-student interactions are friendly
and demonstrate caring, respect, and proper regard for students' cultures.
Students exhibit respect for the teacher.
6. Expectations-Standards of conduct have been established and are observable
in the classroom setting. Teacher follow-through is fair and consistent.
7. Monitoring of Student Behavior-Teacher is alert and responsive to student
behavior at all times.
8. Response to Student Misbehavior-Response to misbehavior is appropriate
C. Instruction-Teacher Effectiveness
1. Quality of Questions-Most of the teacher's questions are of high quality.
Adequate time is provided for students to respond.
2. Monitoring of Student Learning During Instruction-Teacher monitors
the progress of groups of students and some individual students.
3. Student Assessment-Students are aware of the criteria and performance
standards by which their work will be evaluated, and assess and monitor the
quality of their own work against the criteria.
4. Feedback to Students-Teacher's feedback to students is timely and of
consistently high quality.
5. Responses to Students' Needs During Instruction-Teacher makes
adjustments to a lesson, and the adjustment occurs smoothly,
successfully accommodating students' questions or interests.
6. Persistence-Teacher persists in seeking approaches for students who have
difficulty learning using some strategies.
D. Instruction-Student Engagement
1. Expectations for Learning-Teacher's purpose for the lesson or unit is clear,
including where it is situated within broader learning.
2. Directions and Procedures-Teacher's directions and procedures are clear
3. Explanations of Content-Teacher's explanation of content is appropriate,
accurate and connects with students' knowledge and experience.
4. Activities and Assignments-Most activities and assignments are appropriate
to students, and almost all students are engaged in exploring content.
5. Grouping of Students-Instructional groups are productive and fully appropriate
to the students or to the instructional purposes of the lesson.
6. Instructional Materials and Resources-Instructional materials and resources
are suitable to the instructional purposes and engage students.
7. Structure and Pacing-The lesson has a clearly defined structure around which
the activities are organized. Pacing of the lesson is generally appropriate.
E. Professional Responsibilities and Personal Qualities
1. Instructional Records-Teacher's system for maintaining instructional records
2. Non-instructional Records-Teacher's system for maintaining non-instructional
records is accurate and effective.
3. Communications with Families-Teacher communicates regularly
and successfully and engages families in the educational program. Information
is conveyed in an appropriate manner.
4. Participation in a School/District Community-The teacher takes the initiative to
attend and actively participate in the school/district's activities, committees,
5. Relationships with Colleagues-Relationships with colleagues are characterized
by mutual support and cooperation.
6. Professional Growth and Development-Teacher engages in opportunities
in professional development that are based on self-reflection.
7. Professionalism-teacher displays a high level of ethics and professionalism in
interactions with students, colleagues, and the school community
and contributes to child-centered decisions.
- Valid Illinois Professional Educator License with proper endorsement(s): music endorsement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Appreciation of cultural diversity
- Ability to effectively incorporate instructional technology
Salary: Per NSEA New Teacher Hire Grid for the 2022-2023 school year, excellent benefits, TRS Retirement Pension Service Credit, paid sick, personal, bereavement leave, and other benefits.
Apply on line by completing the on line application and uploading support materials.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
The principal will review on line applications and supporting materials and the principal will call individuals in for interviews. After initial interviews, candidates meet with the Deputy Superintendent who may recommend the individual for hire by the Board of Education.
The North Shore School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer