Job | Posted 17 days ago
EAST CENTRAL INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICTThe position for an Elementary Teacher will be available at East Central ISD for the 2022-2023 school year. All individuals (district employees included) who are interested in this position must apply online through Frontline via the district website. The deadline for submitting an application is 4:00 pm., May 06, 2022, or until the position is filled.
Job Announcement - April 26, 2022
Job Announcement - April 26, 2022
POSITION FUNCTION/PURPOSE: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Ensure students develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect the understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to teacher aide(s) and volunteer (s), and oversee completion.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching /learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support the mission of school districts.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and the student handbook.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, and other documents required.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all minimum requirements will be screened.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements - Generalist or Core Subjects EC-6; ESL Certification preferred
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
[Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate]
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
EQUIPMENT USED: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours. Prolonged standing, frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting. Frequent walking. Work inside may work outside; regular exposure to noise. Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move textbooks and classroom equipment. Exposure to biological hazards.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: 2022-2023 School Year
SALARY: Based on the 2022-2023 Classroom Teacher Salary Scale
Superintendent of Schools
•An Equal Opportunity Employer•