Lead Instructional Specialist - Mathematics (ESSER Funded) - Middle - School Year 2021-2022
Job | Posted 23 days ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Lead Instructional Specialist - Mathematics (ESSER Funded) - Middle School
Job Title: Lead Instructional Specialist - Mathematics (ESSER Funded) - Middle School Reports To: Director of Mathematics Classification: Professional Wage/Hour Status: Exempt Days: 230 Salary: See Compensation Plan for Administrative/Professional Pay Plan, Pay Grade 104 Contract: Probationary/Term Date Revised: 5/17/2021 Primary Purpose: Responsible for collaborating with all stake holders to strengthen instruction and increase student achievement within mathematics content. Qualifications/Skills: Education/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate or Teaching Certificate from out of state appropriate for position.
- Certification must meet requirements for becoming and remaining qualified for this position in a manner required by Federal and/or State law.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills required.
- Establish and maintain productive, collaborative relationships with others.
- Foster collegiality and team building among appropriate personnel, encouraging active involvement in decision-making.
- Model district standards of ethics, core values, confidentiality and professionalism.
- Plan and organize work. Meet schedules and deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in academic coaching.
- Analyze and interpret assessment results for the purpose of designing and modifying instruction.
- Knowledge of and training on the TEKS, math curriculum, and best practices for math instruction for diverse learners.
- Exceptional pedagogy knowledge required.
- Knowledge and experience with rigorous curriculum and effective instructional strategies and research-based best practices required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of instructional strategies, role of PLCs, and data for decision-making, intervention and enrichment, and student assessment.
- Knowledge and comfort with the use of technology in the classroom – familiarity with a learning management system (LMS), and/or data system preferred.
- Actively participate in professional development in areas related to job responsibility, including coaching and content.
- Knowledge of effective professional development practices required. Ability to prepare and deliver articulate oral presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of English Language Learners (ELL) strategies preferred. Passion for increasing student learning preferred. Knowledge of adult learning methodology preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of classroom teaching experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years academic coaching experience required.
- Experience using student and campus level data to select, implement, and differentiate instructional methods designed to meet each student’s individual needs preferred.
Responsibilities: Program and Instructional Support:
- Plan, organize, and implement all aspects of gr 6-8 mathematics programming.
- Use data throughout the year to refine curriculum in response to needs analysis.
- Provide leadership in improving the instructional program in the schools.
- Collaborate with school and district administrators to design and support mathematics programs on campuses, planning lessons with teachers, analyzing and disaggregating assessment data, and creating tiered intervention groups.
- Support teachers in documenting student progress.
- Ensure the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
- Communicate district curriculum, instructional practices, district accomplishments, and goals to all stakeholders.
- Cultivate partnerships with local, state, and national leaders in the field (including business and community representatives, institutions of higher education, etc.) to ensure the continued growth of the department.
- Project a positive image to the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer and various office equipment. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks and other classroom equipment.
- Repetitive hand motions.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.