K-5 La ola del lago Spanish Immersion Teachers for 2022-23 ~ Long Term Substitute
K-5 La ola del lago Spanish Immersion School Teachers, 2022-23 ~ Long Term Substitute
Per Teachers' Collective Bargaining Agreement.
¡Bienvenidos! La ola del lago Spanish Immersion offers a full day of core curriculum in Spanish to K-5 students for the 2022-23 school year. The 2022-23 school year seems a long way away, but we are excited to recruit and hire the best Spanish Immersion educators for our team. La ola del lago Spanish Immersion School is a K-5 Elementary and serves approximately 450 students.
Click here to watch our informational video: https://youtu.be/aKF2Y1ePnwk
Want more information? Contact Richie Kucinski, Principal, at 952-226-0303.
TITLE: Spanish IMMERSION Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Minnesota licensure in Elementary Education.
2. Fluent in Spanish and English languages, both written and spoken.
3. Master's degree in Education preferred, Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalent.
4. Strong classroom management skills.
5. Has sufficient formal or informal training to provide the ability to teach age appropriate Spanish curriculum to a level consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
6. Experience with primary educational applications of technology.
7. Demonstrate knowledge and experience in child development and educational practices.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOALS: To develop fluency in communication and literacy in the Spanish language, in the process of teaching core skills and objectives to mastery as prescribed by state and national standards.
- Provide and deliver classroom instruction in Spanish to students in La ola del lago Spanish Immersion Program, incorporating the essential elements of instruction, including small group instruction and the ability to adapt the curriculum to best meet the needs of each pupil.
- Plan and develop instructional materials, lessons, plans and other support activities to present approved district curriculum to students in Spanish in accordance with district goals and objectives.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health and learning problems.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers, administrators, and staff to provide a secure learning environment for students
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil's progress and interpret the school program. Interacts with pupils, staff and parents in a positive and professional manner.
- Selects and requisitions instructional materials; maintains inventory records.
- Foster a cohesive community of learners and thinkers among administrators, teachers, parents, and students.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and/or professional growth activities and courses.
- Demonstrate support of administration, policies, improvement of the school and accomplishment of its mission/goals.