Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Days: 229 days; Full-time, year-round
Hours: 8 hours/day; 5 days/week
Location: District Services Center
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving approximately 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley, and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose – “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses.” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is seeking a strategic and creative partner in the Human Resources Department. We are seeking a Human Resources Generalist with the willingness to learn and grow and be a part of a collaborative culture. This position provides the unique opportunity to join a dynamic school district that is highly committed to working each day to align the work of adults throughout our system. The successful candidate will be a key partner in ensuring smooth operations within the human resources department. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the selection and hiring process of non-certified staff
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices to new and existing processes
- Overseeing worker’s compensation program
- Analyzing and reporting data
We are committed to finding an innovative self-starter who can identify changes, adjust processes, and work collaboratively with a team. The individual hired will understand the importance of building relationships and providing the highest level of customer service.
The successful candidate will possess the following education and experience . . .
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or education related field
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent technology
- Knowledge of laws, general policies or procedures potentially impacting employees and the workplace
- Passion to work within a diverse and changing community
- Experience in human resources and/or education
The successful candidate will possess the following desired qualifications…
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain positive employee relations
- Proficient at problem solving and team decision making
- Knowledge of laws and statutes pertaining to human resources administration
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communication skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to have fun, have high expectations, and have the desire to achieve results
Position Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Compensation Package: Salary and benefits highly competitive with region
How to Apply
Position will remain open until filled. Please feel free to contact Anthony Mayer, Director of Human Resources, with any questions regarding the position at email@example.com or 763-600-5014. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx.
Equity is a priority for Spring Lake Park Schools and is essential to our goal of putting children first to ensure college and career readiness. A diverse workforce fuels innovation and allows us to better understand, communicate with, and educate our students. Spring Lake Park Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability, or status with regard to public assistance.