Head Athletic Coach, Boys Soccer
Title of Position: Head Athletic Coach, Boys Soccer
Reports To: Athletic Director
First State Military Academy is seeking a Head Athletic Coach for Girls Soccer. The chosen candidate will be expected to help translate sports participation into meaningful learning experiences for each individual athlete through mentoring the skills necessary for achievement, demonstrating sports-man-like conduct, and ensuring safe behaviors.
- Coaches individual participants in the skill necessary for achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice (in season).
- Works closely with the athletic director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Maintains attendance, and other records.
- Oversees the safety of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted.
- Performs and enforces disciplined, sportsmanship, and safe behavior at all times.
- Maintains discipline and authority over students according to the First State Military Academy Discipline Policy Manual.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the athletic director that relate to this position.
Terms of Employment: Employed for the duration of the sport’s season and per terms of the master agreement.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be reviewed seasonally/annually by the athletic director in consultation with the Commandant.
Additional Job Information:
The following are conditions of employment for new employees:
- Satisfactory criminal background check prior to being placed on payroll.
- Satisfactory child protection registry check.
- TB Test
- Mandatory direct deposit of pay.
Salary: Salary will be calculated based off of the First State Military Academy salary schedule for coaching staff.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. The selected candidate should expect to perform any other related activities needed to deliver the position’s key duties and responsibilities and follow any other instructions as defined by his/her supervisor.
First State Military Academy is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, age or Vietnam Era veteran’s status in employment or its programs and activities. All interested applicants should upload resume and complete the application on www.joindelawareschools.org
If you have any questions about the job requirements, please contact the Athletic Director, Blair Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org